Monday 3 December 2012

Mac Lipstick Collection - Nudes and Pinks

(L-R PURE ZEN, HUE, CREMECUP, PLEASE ME, SUNNY SEOL, COSTA CHIC)

(L-R COSTA CHIC, SUNNY SEOL, PLEASE ME, CREMECUP, HUE, PURE ZEN)

These six little lovely lippies are my favourite pinks/nudes/corals from Mac. They are my everyday colours, ones I can apply in 10 seconds at 7am before work and look semi decent. Lets discuss....from left to right (second photo);

COSTA CHIC (FROST) - I don't tend to go for frost colours as they remind me of something my auntie would wear in the eighties, but this one doesn't show up frosty on the lips. It is quite a bright coral/pink colour, I am wearing it in the photo below (on the left).


SUNNY SEOUL (CREMESHEEN) - Similar shade to costa chic but more of a softer pink. I bought this lippie from the recent Cremesheen and Pearl collection, which is permanent. Sunny Seol has a glossy finish because it is infused with the pearl particles which are supposed to give a glossy slightly frosty sheen (it's more gloss than frost). I love it.

PLEASE ME (MATTE) - MAC's matte lipsticks are my favourite. I have quite big pigmented lips so I feel the matte colours suit me better and last longer. Please Me is one of my favourites from the bunch, it seems to last the longest and I tend to wear this colour in the day when I am making more of an effort.

CREME CUP (CREMESHEEN) - This was my first ever MAC lipstick purchase. It is one which I always go back to, it is a cremesheen so quite moisturising and gives a glossy effect. I wear this colour ALOT. I am wearing it in the photo below (on the left).


HUE (GLAZE) - I am gutted i'm reaching the end of this little one. A repurchase must be made asap. I go for this colour when I am sporting a decent tan, it's one of those milky nudey pink colours which doesn't drain the colour out of your face. (wearing on the left in the photo below - i'm sad I no longer have this tan).


PURE ZEN (CREMESHEEN) - Another shade from the Cremesheen and Pearl collection. This is the easiest shade to wear on a daily basis. I throw this colour on before work and touch up throughout the day. Like the other shade from this collection, Pure Zen gives a glossy effect to the lips. The most nude shade in my collection.

(L-R COSTA CHIC, SUNNY SEOL, PLEASE ME, CREMECUP, HUE, PURE ZEN)

As you can see i'm not very adventurous when it comes to my lipsticks, but I know what suits me. My lips are quite pigmented naturally, the dark reds, deep berry colours just don't look right. What is your favourite colour lipstick from MAC? Next on my list is Chatterbox, Fleshpot and Faux!

4 comments:

  1. i wish i had all those shades! Nice blog :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post, Pure Zen and Sunny Seol both look like gorgeous shades I will have to keep an eye out for them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Pure Zen is perfect for everyday wear :) love it.

      Delete