Wednesday 6 March 2013

Reykjavik, Iceland











 







I recently returned home from a long weekend in Reykavik, Iceland. When I was telling people at home where I was going they would always respond in the same way 'Why are you going there?' I made sure I returned with some great photos to prove to people there was a reason worth going and how beautiful a place Iceland is. 

Me and my sister had a jam packed 4 days, we did the Golden Circle tour (which includes visits to the national park Thingvellir, the waterfall Gullfoss (golden falls) and the geothermally active valley of Haukadalur), Northern Lights tour, Blue lagoon visit and the Glacier Adventure (snowmobiling on the glacier). The highlights I would say were of course seeing the Northern Lights, however as I didn't have an expensive fancy camera the one I was using just didn't pick up the amazing sights I saw on the tour. I also absolutely loved snowmobiling, one of the best things I have ever done. It was -5 degrees most days so we had to really wrap up warm but it was all worth it. I would recommend visiting Iceland if you're looking for a break which involves alot of sightseeing and something a little different. Have you been to Iceland, what did you think?

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing - I've always wanted to go to the Northern Lights, so beautiful. Snowmobiling looks so much fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it! Snowmobiling was so funny but at the same time hard work xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete