Saturday 25 May 2013

Favourite Makeup Brushes


These are the makeup brushes I use on a daily basis. You're probably thinking 'why didn't you wash them before doing a post?', well to be honest I really couldn't be arsed. #keepingitreal. I find washing brushes such a chore but I know it has to be done. I tend to deep clean them once a week with baby shampoo but i'm going to buy some spray brush cleaner for when i'm feeling lazier (like today). I don't own many more brushes than this as I don't find them to be essential, I don't understand people who own hundreds of brushes (I'd rather spend my money on the makeup than the brush). Here's just a quick overview of what I use each one for;


Real Techniques - Stippling Brush; I don't know how I applied Soleil Tan De Chanel before purchasing this brush. It's the only brush which allows me to apply just the right amount of the product onto my face without it looking streaky. I also use this brush to stipple in my foundation if I want a heavier coverage before I go on a night out.


Real Techniques - Contour Brush; I don't use this brush to contour as I feel it's too small and prefer to use it to apply blusher to the apples of my cheeks. I find the brush to be the right size to apply just the right amount of blusher where it is needed.
 
Real Techniques - Buffing Brush & Expert Face Brush; These are my most used brushes, I use them to apply my foundation. I find that the buffing brush gives a lighter coverage than the face expert so it depends on how my skin is looking on the day. I apply little blobs of my foundation (currently Laura Mercier Silk Creme) all over my face then use either brush in circular movements to buff the foundation into my skin .I find that I need to use much less foundation when using either of these brushes rather than my fingers and it still gives my skin a smooth, even appearance.


Eco Tools - Smudge Eyeliner Brush; I use this brush to apply eyeshadow on my lower lash line. It's not something I do everyday but I love to apply Mac Mythology underneath my eyes as it really makes the green in my eyes pop out.
 
Real Techniques - Eyeliner Brush; I would actually be lost without this brush, I apply my Clinique creme/gel eyeliner with it every single day. No other brush would do the job. It allows me to draw a clean sweep of eyeliner really easily without smudging or messing it up.
 
What are your favourite makeup brushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment