Sunday 21 July 2013

Elemental Herbology Moisture Milk Ultra-Light Facial Hydrator Review

 
 
 
 
I've been using Elemental Herbology Moisture Milk for a couple of months now. I use it in the morning after cleansing and toning. I wanted a light moisturiser which I could use in summer months before applying my makeup, one which wouldn't be too heavy for my skin and make it look oily. Elemental Herbology describe the product as '...ideal for those prone to break-outs and for use during the summer or in a humid environment', perfect for use in this current heat wave Britain seems to be having.
 
The thing I like most about this product is that it contains AHA's which help to gently exfoliate the skin. It's not as heavy as some other popular exfoliating products containing acids (Clarins exfoliating toner & Liquid Gold) which means it can be used on a daily basis without irritating the skin. This moisturiser also contains skin clearing & anti-bacterial properties (Acerola Cherry, Apple Serum, Green Tea, Tea Tree, Rosemary Oil & Aloe Vera) so it works well on congested skin.
 
What I dislike about the moisturiser is that it is called a 'moisture milk and hydrator', although the brand describes it as 'ultra-light' I don't feel it gives my skin hardly any hydration at all. I've been using the product as a morning serum and then applying a moisturiser on top which seems to work best for me. It seems to be too drying on my skin if used alone.
 
This is the first product I have purchased from this British brand, and I am very impressed, it seems to have helped keep my skin clear in this hot weather. The other thing I must point out is that the product contains no SPF and so it's vital to use one over the top because of the glycolic and lactic acid content.
 
Elemental Herbology Moisture Milk Ultra-Light Facial Hydrator costs £42 for 50ml.
 
 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment