Saturday 16 February 2013

Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner



 
 
Clarins is one of my favourite brands for skincare. Every one of their products I've tried I have loved. I have never used a toner in my daily routine before so thought I'd head to Clarins to make a purchase. The lady at the counter advised me that this toner was not for daily use but for use twice a week to brighten and exfoliate the skin. After recently running out of my Alpha-H Liquid Gold, I thought this may be a good match - something which would help to clear my skin as well dealing with dryness.
 
I decided to ignore the advice I was given and use the product every day, after all it does say 'gentle' exfoliator. I use after cleansing every night by swiping over my face with a cotton wool pad. The toner is a clear liquid which smells quite chemically - not spa like (which is what I expected) but don't let the no frills put you off, after a month of use every night my skin is much smoother and brighter! I wouldn't say this toner is an alternative to Liquid Gold because it is MUCH more gentle on the skin - my skin seems to love it.
 
Clarins claim that the brightening toner contains;
 
'Tamarind for gentle exfoliation - eliminates impurities and dead cells. Boosts the skin's natural exfoliation process. White nettle to refine enlarged pores - smoothes and refines skin texture with its astringent benefits...revives complexion radiance and increases the effectiveness of skin care applied afterwards'
 
This exfoliator contacts alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) which I feel has helped clear my skin and reduce my acne scars. After application my skin feels smooth and soft - flakiness disappears and it helps to even out my skintone. Although I use the toner every day, I wouldn't recommend this if you have sensitive skin, but for me daily use works well - I just need to ensure I wear a good sunscreen underneath my makeup.
 
This has become a staple in my routine, I will 100% repurchase. You can pick it up from Clarins for £25.
 
I've been thinking of booking myself a Clarins facial for my birthday but having never had a facial before i'm quite hesitant. Have you had a facial at Clarins before? Would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment