Sunday 3 February 2013

Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Backcomb In A Bottle


A few years ago when I was a brunette and addicted to clip-in hair extensions, my hair could never be 'too' big. I would backcomb my hair to no end using a small comb, not only was I damaging my hair but the result did not look as great as I thought - think messy and fake looking. Nowadays I still love volume but not the frizzy look that backcombing tends to give. My hair is naturally quite fine so I do need in some help in gaining a little oomph!

Backcomb In A Bottle certainly does what it says on the tin, providing 'instant miracle volume and sexy texture'. I use this product after i've curled my hair with a conical wand to give that extra bounce and volume.


The product comes in an aerosol bottle which you spray into your hair like you would any hairspray. I tend to spray onto my hair from the middle to the ends - i'm careful about piling too much product onto my roots (to prevent greasy hair). I then use my hands to scrunch the ends of my hair to let the product work its magic. I dont use BCIAB on a daily basis but I find it an essential when I'm going out and decide to curl my hair. I've nearly come to the end of this bottle now and will 100% repurchase - i've found nothing like it for creating texture and volume.

Despite the volumising effects this product gives there are a couple of cons; 1 - The smell is quite overpowering, it constantly makes me cough after applying to my hair. It's quite a chemical smell (I can't describe smells?!) I'm just not a fan. However I can live with this because the smell does not linger on the hair after use. And 2 - The product can cause the hair to look and feel quite crispy and clump parts of the hair together if too much is used - A reason why I don't use on my hair when I wear it straight, it just doesn't work so well.

For me the pros outway the cons, Back Comb In a Bottle has become an essential product in my haircare collection and now I wouldn't be without it. If you want big, voluminous hair without the damaging effects of backcombing then this product is for you, you can pick it up from Boots / Superdrug for about a fiver.

Do you have any other recommendations for products which will create volume on my naturally fine flat hair?

2 comments:

  1. oh I'd love to try this!

    vivalashoes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this for aaages and hardly used it, was applying it to my roots and it just made my hair look a bit greasy! Will deff give it a go just applying it to the mids and ends :D xx

    ReplyDelete